TDI Cave Decompression Diver
This course is intended to train divers in decompression strategies and emergency management for cave
Qualifications of Graduates:
Graduates will be qualified to conduct decompression dives in the cave environment only utilizing 100%
oxygen to accelerate decompression provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates are qualified to enroll in the TDI Decompression
- Minimum age 18
- TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Student must either be certified as a TDI Full Cave Diver or equivalent, or currently enrolled in a TDI Full
Cave Diver course.
Course Structure and Duration:
4 cave dives must be conducted over a minimum of 2 days. If combined with a Full Cave Diver or Stage
Cave Diver course, only 2 additional dives must be completed, but a minimum of 4 decompression dives must be
executed throughout the entirety of training. Maximum depth is limited to 30m/100ft. If the student holds a
certification allowing them to use helium-based gasses, the maximum training depth can be increases to 40m/130ft
provided the END remains shallower than 30m/100ft.
- Each diver must wear full cave diving equipment (backmount doubles or sidemount) with the addition of
- 1 oxygen decompression cylinder clearly labeled “Oxygen 6” OR “Oxygen 20” on each side of the tank in
approximately 2-inch (5 cm) lettering. The daily analysis sticker, labeled with the date, initials of the diver
who analyzed the cylinder, fill pressure, and fraction of oxygen to one decimal place, should be placed
where the diver can easily read it when performing a gas switch.
- 1 decompression regulator and SPG which is rated for oxygen service.
Required Skill Performance and Graduation Requirements
- Analysis and labeling of decompression cylinders as previously described
- Dropping decompression cylinders
- Retrieving decompression cylinders
- Gas switches
- Properly analyze and label all cylinders. NO DIVES MAY BEGIN UNTIL ALL TEAM MEMBERS
HAVE PROPERLY ANALYZED AND LABELED CYLINDERS, INSTRUCTOR INCLUDED
- Use “START” before every dive.
|TDI Cave Decompression Diver||€ 700,00|