TDI Stage Sidemount Instructor
This course is designed to teach trained TDI Sidemount Diver how to extend bottom time and/or distance
using stage cylinders and how to set up stage cylinders properly for side mount configuration. Divers will learn to
plan dives that may incorporate longer bottom times, complex dive planning, and multiple methods of gas
management. With respect to depth, gas mixes, and required decompression, course dives will not exceed the
student’s current level of certification and experience level.
Qualifications of Graduates:
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in stage diving activities without direct
supervision so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- Conservative gas planning.
- No equipment removal with exception of stage cylinders.
- Students are encouraged to gain experience before attempting to plan and execute complex stage dives.
- Safety and decompression stops are completed as appropriate or necessary.
Stage Sidemount Instructor Course prerequisites:
- Minimum age 18
- Certified as a TDI Sidemount Diver or equivalent
Course Structure and Duration:
Open Water Execution
- Students must complete 3 stage sidemount dives with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 90 minutes
- TDI allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill
- The minimum number of classroom and briefing hours is 6
The following equipment is required for each student:
- Sidemount cylinders, volume appropriate for planned dive, student gas consumption
- Two independent first and second stage regulators; one regulator equipped with a long hose at a
recommended minimum length, 2 metres / 7 feet
- Submersible pressure gauge
- Stage cylinder(s), volume appropriate for planned dive, student gas consumption
- Stage regulator(s) including first and second stage and submersible pressure gauge
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD) with power inflator
- Exposure suit adequate for diving environment
- Mask and fins, NO snorkel
- One line cutting devices
- Two battery powered lights; 1 primary and 1 back-up, each with a with burn time suitable for the planned
- Lift bag or SMB and reel or spool with adequate line for planned dive
- Computer, watch or bottom timer and depth gauge
- Slate or wet notes with a pencil
- Submersible dive tables or back up dive computer
Required Skill Performance and Graduation Requirements
The student must perform the following S-drill and skills during all dives:
- Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning
- Equipment check and equipment matching
- Bubble check
- Demonstrate specialized propulsion techniques for environment
- Demonstrate proper buoyancy control
- Demonstrate proper body posture
- Demonstrate proper stress analysis (detection and management)
The student must perform the following in-water skills during dives:
- Demonstrate proper use of stage cylinders.
- Dropping and retrieval of stage cylinders efficiently while swimming.
In order to complete this course, students must:
- Perform all dive requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness and respect for the environment
- Log all dives
|TDI Stage Sidemount||€ 500,00|